Directions to WMA
The Academy is in the center of the town of Wilbraham, located in western Massachusetts, seven miles east of Springfield. It occupies 300 acres of what was formerly rich farmland and wooded hillsides. The town itself, incorporated in 1763, is essentially suburban and many residents commute to nearby Springfield and Hartford, Connecticut.
Shenkman House - Admission
451 Main Street
Wilbraham, MA 01095
800.616.3659 (Toll free in U.S.A. only)
Among the 10 area colleges are Smith, Amherst, Hampshire, Springfield, Mount Holyoke and the University of Massachusetts. Students and faculty members take advantage of the cultural events held on those campuses.
From the South:
- Route I-91 North from New Haven-Hartford to Exit 2, Forest Park/ Route 83, which is the first exit after crossing into Massachusetts from Connecticut.
- Bear left at the first set of lights and at the next set of lights turn right onto Sumner Avenue.
- Continue on that same road (name changes from Sumner Avenue to Allen Street to Bicentennial Highway) for about five (5) miles until you come to the end of the road.
- Turn left at the lights onto Cooley Street (changes to Parker Street) and continue until you reach first major four-way intersection.
- Turn right onto Wilbraham Road (sign to Wilbraham is located at that point).
- Go straight through first set of lights and continue on Wilbraham Road for about 3 miles (changes to Springfield Street upon entering Wilbraham).
- Continue straight through the next set of lights (crossing Stony Hill Road).
- Pass the Wilbraham Town Hall on the right and shortly thereafter, bear left onto Faculty Street at the fork.
- The campus is a short distance beyond on your right.
From the North and East:
- Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) West to Palmer, Exit 8.
- Turn right. At the second set of lights, turn right onto Route 20 West.
- Continue on Route 20 for about 4.5 miles.
- You will pass a river on your right and then go under a railroad overpass.
- You will then pass two gas stations and the Wilbraham Fire Department on your right.
- Diagonally opposite the fire station is Main Street.
- Turn left onto Main Street, go straight through the stop sign and continue for 2 miles to campus.
From the West:
Follow North/East directions from the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) on.
(Google could not find this address)