Registration information & forms
As has been true for the past several years, all information and registration forms are available online. This practice saves a considerable amount of paper as well as postage costs.
Newly enrolled students have received all summer information and forms, which can also be found online, from the Admission Office.
Returning families can find the information and forms on our Web site here (http://WMA.us/register).
The only general mailing will be the Student/Parent Handbook and detailed arrival and registration schedule, which will be sent from the Deans Office in July. Included in this mailing is an updated 2011-2012 school calendar. Please review this calendar as several changes have been made to it. The members of the Class of 2012 will also receive a packet from the College Counseling Office in a separate mailing.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the following people:
• Deans Office and Health Services information and forms: Cindy Shults in the Deans Office
• Business Office information and forms: Kate Gaw in the Business Office
• Preseason and other athletic information: Don Nicholson, Athletic Director
Please remember that August 1 is the deadline for all forms to be returned to the Academy.
Welcome New Families
Congratulations on joining the WMA family! You should have received a packet or email containing important forms and information. Please attend to these forms promptly. All forms must be returned no later than August 1, 2011. Billing information will be sent in July. If your student is planning to attend preseason practices, please contact the appropriate coach or the Athletic Director at dnicholson@WMA.us. We look forward to welcoming you to campus soon! If you have any questions, contact the Admission Office at 413.596.9108.
Faculty and students revise dress code
An ad-hoc faculty committee and members of the Student Government have revised the dress code for the 2011-2012 academic year. The goal of the revisions is for students to look dressy and for the dress code to be simple to understand, fulfill, and enforce. Here are some of the more obvious changes. Detailed dress code information can be found in the Student/Parent Handbook. Please review it carefully.
Most of the changes have been made to what female students may wear.
• Tops or blouses no longer need to be collared. Jewel necklines are acceptable, but whatever the top, it must be dressy, as would be worn with a business suit.
• Skirts may be above the knee by two inches, but no more; no mini-skirts are permitted.
• Pants are to be of the formal business-suit style and must have seams. Form-fitting pants of any kind are not permitted.
Other changes that impact both male and female students were also made.
• Boots are no longer restricted to the winter trimester, but they must be worn inside the pant legs and they must be tied. Girls may wear boots with pants, but they must be dress boots.
• Coats must be at least as long as the free-hanging blazer worn under them. Blazers may not be tucked or stuffed up into small, form-fitting coats.
Check out the complete dress code for the 2011-2012 academic year.
Prize Day & Commencement 2011
| || || |
Wilbraham & Monson Academy
Questions, or to get involved, contact:
Lisa Jalbert President 413.221.3969
Kris Kirwan, Vice-President 413.244.7159
Melissa Reeves, Treasurer 413.530.4704
Robin Cook Secretary 413.599.6609
Sarah Wakelin, Director of Annual Giving & Parents' Association Liaison 413.569.9133
WMA Parents’ Association Book Club
When: July 7, 2011
Time: 6:45-8:00 p.m.
Where: Campus Center Conference Room
Book: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen & The Help by Katheryn Stockett
August Book (August 4th)
Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff
If you have any questions, please feel free to email Jen Corbett or phone Geri FrenchRobitaille at 413.575.5528.
Important Links on WMA.us
Upper school summer math work
Upper school summer reading list
Middle School reading list
Middle school summer math work
Registration information & forms
Updated 2011-2012 School Calendar
Summer Travel Blog
All School Calendar
Risley Sports Photography
WMA is on Facebook and Twitter!
If you would prefer to receive
eNews at a different email address,
please send your name and
new/preferred email address to:
Other questions? Contact us!
eNews is produced by the
Director of Communications
Robin Farrington Cook